My Guide Website?
Geroskipou is a modern town with a rich history, folkrore traditions and culture. Geroskipou is the ideal place for a couple to join together and share their vows, after all, legend has it that Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Beauty, chose this place as her sacred gardens.
Weddings take place in a specially designed and decorated area within the Geroskipou Town Hall, Monday to Friday from 8.00 am. to 2.00 pm. Other venues include exclusive Hotel locations, famous Aphrodite's Rock, Golf clubs and restaurants. Geroskipou Municipality will provide all the details in order to select the most ideal venue for your memorable day.
2. Declaration of being single
3. Original divorce certificate (if applicable)
4. Original death certificate (if applicable)
5. Birth certificate
6. Deep poll proof of name change ( if applicable)
7. Evidence of parental consent if under 18 years old.
The couple has an option of two types of ceremonies: Civil or church or both. The ceremonies are perfectly legal and recognized worldwide. The same paperwork is required for either ceremony venue.
Civil Weddings between foreigners can be done in one of two ways:
a) By presenting notification of wedding: In this case the marriage cannot take place within the first 15 days from the date of notification and not later than three months from that date. The interested parties will therefore have to remain in Cyprus for at least 15 days.
b) With the obtainment of a special license: The interested parties apply to the Mayor of Municipality of their choice for the special license. Due to the specialised methods which are enforced by the Municipality of Geroskipou a marriage with the special license can take place within 24 hours.
2. Declaration of being single (from the couple's country of origin). These declarations or (certificates) can be from the solicitor (on the headed paper of the solicitor's office and stamped), the Ministry of the Interior (Home Office) or Foreign Ministry (Foreign Office) of their countries or even from their Embassies. The documents must be translated into Greek or English. Applicants who are holders of UK passports can take out an affidavit in England. The translated documents must be certified and signed by the above mentioned legal persons.
3. Divorce certificates in the cases of divorce. The divorce certificates must be from the Courts and translated into greek or English. The certificates must be accompanied by an affidavit that the persons have not remarried.
4. Death certificates in case of widowhood. The death certificates, whether they are originals or certified copies, must be translated into Greek or English.
5. Birth certificate. The applicants must bring the original (The full version).
6. Deep poll proof of name change. The applicants must bring the original.
7. Evidence of parental consent if under 18 years old. Persons who have completed their 16th year of age can be allowed to marry only with their parents or legal guardians consent. A written consent to this effect must therefore be presented. In the event that there are no legal guardians, then the consent of the Supreme Court of Pafos is needed.
Monday - Friday: 07:30 - 15:00
Best For Whom