My Guide Website?
Paphos: Choirokitia & Famagusta Guided Tour with Transfers61 Reviews
Embark on a guided tour to from Paphos to the monastery of St Barnabas, the city of Famagusta, and the ghost town of Varosha. Travel in a climate-controlled coach and benefit from a guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the tomb of St Barnabas at the monastery that bears his name
- Discover the ancient kingdom of Salamis which dates to the 12th century
- Step back in time as you enter the walls of Famagusta to see Gothic churches
- Feel the thrill of taking a short walk through part of the Varosi Ghost town
DescriptionThe first stop will be Choirokoitia for a coffee break before continuing to Strovilia check point (passports necessary) to cross the United Nations Green Line. We will arrive at the monastery of St Barnabas which has now been converted into a museum housing icons and other religious artefact. We will also see the tomb of St Barnabas. We continue to the ancient Kingdom of Salamis built in the 12th Century BC and visit the amphitheatre and gymnasium. We arrive in the city of Famagusta with its many Gothic churches and surrounded by Venetian walls. There will be time to visit the Cathedral of St Nikolaos built in 1312 and converted in 1570 into a mosque as well as free time for sightseeing, shopping, and lunch (not included). Finally, short walking to visit part of the “Ghost Town – Varosi” to see the abandoned houses and hotels which have been closed off behind wire since 1974 and admire the best sandy beaches of the island. Important: Passport or EU ID (only for EU citizens) required. There are 4 nationalities: Turkmenistan, Nigeria, Syria & Armenia cannot cross the checkpoint.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off for select hotels in the Pafos tourist area Guide Comfortable coach Driver
- Passports are required to cross or European national ID (passport holders of Syria, Armenia, Nigeria, and Turkmenistan are not able to join the tour as they need to arrange a special entry visa prior to booking. Handwritten Greek identity cards are also not accepted