My Guide Website?
Elea Golf Club
The challenging Par 71 course, designed by the
legendary Sir Nick Faldo, incorporates numerous
natural features and boasts stunning views of
Running at 6,775 yards, and playing to a par 71, Elea's golf course is, in Nick Faldo's own words, 'thoughtful rather than big hitting', and takes maximum advantage of the magnificent local rock formations found in this part of the island.
Elea Estate comprises a magnificent par 71 golf course designed by Sir Nick Faldo, featuring extensive practice and Academy facilities. This will be supplemented with a wide range of luxurious villas and apartments, a boutique hotel and an extensive well-being centre.
Sir Nick Faldo's 'Mediterranean Masterpiece' sited in Paphos, has, once again, been recognised as a leading golf experience - receiving the 'Number One golf course in Cyprus' accolade from influential golf course rankings website Top100golfcourses.co.uk.
In the short time since opening its doors to the public in October 2010, Elea Golf Club has been praised by both visitors and media alike, most notably being positioned at number nine in Golf Magazine's 'Top 10 new international golf courses of 2010' ranking and also being heralded as 'one of the world's most exciting new courses' by Golf World Magazine.
Ross Robertson, Director of Golf Operations at Elea Estate, said: 'Our objective from day one was to create a club that mirrored some of the other great golf courses of the world. It is encouraging to see that we are now being consistently talked about alongside golf clubs already steeped in the rich traditions of the game.
'Elea Golf Club will always pride itself on delivering an above-expectation level of experience, whether it's on the golf course, in Golf Academy or through the food and beverage operation, and this accolade from the team at Top100golfcourses offers further evidence they are giving customers something very special.'
In making Elea Golf Club its preferred golf course in Cyprus, the Top100golfcourses ranking experts commented: 'The arrival of the new Sir Nick Faldo-designed course at Elea Estate has stratospherically raised the Cypriot bar. The vision of Elea Estate is to be a place where people enjoy life and if you like golf, then you will enjoy Sir Nick's Elea.'
The 6,900-yard layout circulates through groves of mature carob and olive trees, while dramatic outcrops of weathered limestone strikingly contrast with the dark green fairways that, on many holes, are fringed by Mediterranean grasses and an abundance of wild herbs and native flora.
Key Features of the Elea Estate development are:
• Par 71 course designed by six-time major winner, Sir Nick Faldo
• Landscaped 300-metre driving range, complete with target greens and bunkers
• Landscaped short game range with target greens
• Large practice putting and chipping green
• Full-service Academy fitted with state-of-the-art teaching equipment
• 2,260 square-metre terraced clubhouse plus 1,963 square-metres of underground parking
• Restaurant with a variety of dining options
• Wine-tasting lounge and library
• Dedicated corporate and event suite, suitable for meetings, conferences, weddings and private parties
• Extensive changing room facilities, complete with sauna
• Plans for small boutique-style hotel and exclusive well-being centre
• Luxury villas, ranging from three to five bedrooms, with fabulous outlooks over Paphos, the Mediterranean and the golf course
• Two storey maisonettes with one, two and three bedrooms
• Full property management services including holiday rental pool
• Village square with extensive range of retail outlets.
The Eléa Academy is specifically tailored to all forms of teaching, constructive practice sessions
and focused learning, providing fantastic facilities
for both visitors and members to work on their
games, ready for the challenges that await on
There are five defined practice areas within
The Eléa Academy; long game, short game,
chipping green, green-side bunker practice
and putting green. However, if golfers require a more detailed look at their swing, they can take advantage of the state-of-the-art analysis equipment housed in the indoor area of the The Eléa Academy, offering up-to-date visual communication techniques that can even link with a mobile phone or online social media networks.
See their latest press releases here: