My Guide Website?
From Paphos: Cyprus Through the Ages Tour w/ Lunch and Wine15 Reviews
Discover the best of Cyprus on an 8-hour tour. Visit the Kourion archeological site and Omodos village. Taste local wines and stop to enjoy lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the ancient Kourion archeological site
- Discover Kolossi, a Crusader-era castle
- Visit a winery and sample some of the local wines
DescriptionRural Cyprus is at your fingertips on this whistle-stop tour. Explore geological formations, archaeological sites, and characteristic villages like Fini and Omodos. Get a taste of local flavors during a tavern lunch and head to a winery for a tasting. The morning kicks off with the first stop at Petra tou Romiou for photographs (available only for those coming from Paphos town and Aphrodite Hills Resort). Aphrodite’s mythical birthplace is a geological formation of huge rocks along one of the coastlines on the island. Continue to Kourion, one of the most impressive archaeological sites on the island. It’s classic Greco-Roman, with a half-moon of seats facing out to sea. Kolossi Castle is the next stop. This Crusader-era castle is surrounded by flowering plants and a pretty courtyard. Hop back on the bus and head to Fini where lunch will be served at a local tavern. Later, stop at the mountain-ringed village of Omodos where you will have a guided walk through the village. To round off your trip, you'll have the opportunity to taste traditional Cyprus wine in a local winery before heading back to the resorts.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Transportation by air-conditioned bus Entrance fees Lunch with a glass of local wine Local wine tasting
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for anyone with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The duration is approximate, as the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Tours operate subject to favorable weather conditions. If the tour is canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- To enter places of worship and selected museums proper dress is required. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Both men and women must have their knees and shoulders covered. You risk refused entry if you fail to comply.
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change