Larnaka Winter Experiences!
Free Tours - Activities - Gastronomy
In Lefkara village, according to an old tradition, the great Leonardo Da Vinci - who was at that time a guest of Queen Ekaterini Cornaro- bought a lace in 1481, in order to decorate the altar of the Cathedral in Milan!
The Free Winter Experiences programme for Larnaka region hotel guests is returning for its fifth year, and has also been officially recognised with a TripAdvisor ‘2017 Certificate of Excellence’.
Th weekly programme with a wonderful array of complimentary activities is organised in Larnaka every winter for tourists staying in licenced hotels, apartments and agrotouristic establishments within the Larnaka region.
The programme has been created by the Larnaka Tourism Board, the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) and the Local Authorities of the region to winter tourists a taste of authenticity and tradition of the Larnaka region.
It begins from 01 November 2017 until 30 April 2018, and is as follows:
- Monday: A trip to Voroklini Lake with bird watching, a basket weaving demonstration, and the preparation (and sampling) of traditional delicacies.
- Tuesday: A full day out at the unique Mazotos Camel Park, which offers something for all the family.
- Wednesday: Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of the old town, complete with professional guide.
- Thursday: A packed trip to Athienou village includes visits to the local museum and the restored flourmill, and a Halloumi cheese making demonstration.
- Friday: A second guided walking tour explores Larnaka’s old neighbourhoods where traditional crafts are practised at the local workshops.
- Saturday: A full excursion that takes in Kiti village and its famous church; food and handicraft demonstrations at Ayios Theodoros village; wine tasting in Kato Drys village, and a visit to Lefkara village.
The activities are all free-of-charge upon presentation of a voucher issued by the hotels, with prior booking only required for the two village excursions on Thursday and Saturday.
Click here to download the weekly programme for period 2017/18.