My Guide Website?
From Nicosia: Famagusta and Ghost Town Tour14 Reviews
Learn the history of Famagusta and life in Cyprus today as you cross the mountains and Mesaoria plain. Visit the largest Roman amphitheater on the island and discover a ghost town abandoned in 1974.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paphos: Choirokitia & Famagusta Guided Tour with Transfers
- Cyprus: Troodos Mountains Villages and Wineries Tour
- Walk around Lefkara manmade lake, near Pano Lefkara village
- From Paphos: Akamas Highlights and Blue Lagoon Relax Day
- Cyprus: Troodos Mountain Wine Tour with a Local
- See the tower where Shakespeare was inspired to write his famous play Othello
- Visit the ancient city of Salamis
- Go to the ghost town of Famagusta, abandoned in 1974
DescriptionDepart Nicosia and journey to St. Barnabas Monastery and Icon Museum next to the Royal Tombs. Continue to the ancient city of Salamis to see the largest Roman amphitheater in Cyprus. Go to Othello’s Tower where Shakespeare was inspired to write his famous play. Admire the largest medieval building in Famagusta at the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, formerly known as St. Nicolas Cathedral and built in a French Gothic style. Get some free time in the old city to shop or explore on your own. End with a visit to the ghost town of Famagusta, abandoned in 1974 due to the political issues between the 2 sides of Cyprus.
IncludesTransportation Guide Entrance fees
- Please note that your passport will be required if you are traveling from the south of Cyprus