My Guide Website?
Akamas Panoramic Walk5 Reviews
Explore Akamas and Aphrodite's playground. Take in views of the Bay of Polis, from Cape Arnaouti to Pomos, and enjoy a walk to Moutti tis Sotiras peak.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy stunning views of the north coast, from the tip of Akamas to Pomos cape
- Explore the ruins of a medieval monastery and an ancient oak tree
- Walk on stretches of Adonis and of Aphrodite Trails
- Go on the coastal dirt road, next to the rugged coastline
DescriptionExplore the playground of the goddess of love, Aphrodite. This 7-kilometer walk takes place in Akamas, a pristine, almost untouched area of Cyprus. If the customers prefer, we do a longer, 10-km walk and first do the east part of the Adonis trail, reaching the ruins of a medieval monastery for a picnic. From there, the route ascends to the peak known as 'Moutti tis Sotiras'. Enjoy unobstructed views of the north coast from Cape Arnaouti, the tip of Akamas, towards Chrysochou Bay, and the northwest all the way to Pomos in the northeast. After a pause for a picnic (in summer, we usually stop at a shaded spot) and soaking in the majestic views, walk to the Baths of Aphrodite on the Aphrodite trail (the last stretch is on a coastal dirt road, near the cliff). Depending on travelers' preferences and time availability, the tour route can be made longer (10 or 13 km). Other activities like swimming and snorkeling can also be included (usually during the hot season).
IncludesExperienced walking guide Transportation to start and from end of walk
- The walk is of moderate difficulty. It is not suitable for people who are afraid of heights.
- If there is some spare time you may get to visit other natural or cultural attractions on the way to your drop off location