My Guide Website?
From Ayia Napa/Protaras: Nicosia Old Town Walking Tour50 Reviews
Explore one of the world's last divided cities on a guided tour of Nicosia. Learn about the city's troubled past and the events that led to the Greek and Turkish inhabitants being segregated into the south and north of the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore one of the world’s last divided cities
- Walk down Ledra Street and cross the UN buffer zone into occupied northern Cyprus
- Explore the best parts of the city, such as the Leventis Museum and Agia Sofia Church
DescriptionVisit Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, to find out about the turbulent history of one of the world’s last divided cities. Take a walking tour of the old town. Visit St. John's Cathedral and the Ottoman Buyuk Han. Bring your ID if you want to cross between the Greek and Turkish sides of the city. After hotel pickup, head to south Nicosia, where your guide will show and give you all the interesting facts about this town. Discover the Liberty Monument and St. John's Cathedral in the center of the old town. Despite its modest exterior, the interior of the cathedral will take you by surprise. Next, take a walking tour through the partially car-free old town within the Venetian Walls. Once in the occupied part of Nicosia, visit Buyuk Han and see the Ayia Sofia Church with its modern Byzantine architecture. Enjoy coffee and a pie. Ample free time will be provided for shopping or for lunch. For those interested in a visit to Leventis Museum, the guide will wait for you outside the museum at 3:00 PM. Finish your tour with drop-off back at your centrally located hotel in Ayia Napa or Protaras.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional guide Pickup and drop-off at selected hotels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A valid passport or EU ID card is required on the day of travel
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. In the event that there are not enough participants to meet requirements, you will be notified and a refund will be provided
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change