Best Hamams in Lefkosia (Nicosia)
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Cyprus team
Hamam is the Turkish variant for a steam bath. The process involved in taking a Turkish bath is similar to that of a sauna, but is more closely related to ancient Greek and ancient Roman practices.
The presence of hamams in Cyprus date back to the 15th century, created over the 307-year rule of the Ottoman Turks. For centuries hamams have played a significant role in Middle-Eastern culture, serving as a venue for social gatherings, ritual cleansing, as well as architectural structures and institutions.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Paphos: Taste of Cyprus Day Trip
- From Nicosia: Half-Day St. Hilarion Castle & Bellapais Tour
- From Paphos: Akamas Highlights and Blue Lagoon Relax Day
- Cyprus: Introductory Scuba Lesson and Dive with Transfer
- From Paphos: Troodos, Kykkos Monastery, and Winery Day Trip