My Guide Website?
From Paphos: Troodos Mountains Hidden Charms Tour8 Reviews
Cyprus is full of hidden treasures, and you'll discover some of its rural gems on this full day tour to the Troodos Mountains.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Paphos: Choirokitia & Famagusta Guided Tour with Transfers
- From Paphos: Cyprus Through the Ages Tour w/ Lunch and Wine
- Cyprus: Troodos Mountains Villages and Wineries Tour
- From Nicosia: Famagusta and Kyrenia Circle Day Trip
- UK/Europe: eSim Mobile Data Plan
- Admire the Byzantine frescoes of the UNESCO-listed Monastery of St John Lampadis
- Discover the dramatic landscapes and rustic villages of the Troodos Mountains.
- Photo stop at the Venetian Tzelefos Bridge crossing a stream deep in a forest.
- Enjoy a Cypriot lunch in a family-run restaurant and a wine tasting in a local w
- Expert local guide with an unrivalled knowledge of Troodos Mountains and their t
DescriptionYou'll drive into the countryside, visiting Lampadistis Monastery in Kalopanayiotis, and enjoying a few pleasant surprises in rustic villages in between. Nefeli, one of our local guides, says, ‘Arsos is the sort of village where you see old men playing 'tavli' – backgammon – in coffee shops.' First up is Platanisteia – a small village famed for its printmaking museum. After finding out about the history of the island's print industry, we'll visit the medieval Tzelefos Bridge – it's a standout selfie spot deep in the middle of woodland. Then, it's on to the village of Kalopanayiotis. It's sprawled over a remote valley dissected by a picturesque stream. You'll drop into a traditional family-run taverna for a lunch made from locally sourced ingredients. The highlight of the day is the village's Monastery of St John Lampadistis. Nefeli says, ‘Its Byzantine frescoes are so exquisite that UNESCO has listed them as world heritage.' The murals, which date as far back as the 14th century, are highly refined and very well-preserved. Admission fees to the monastery, which are included, go to its upkeep. Apart from a trio of churches to amble around, there are monastic buildings, including cells, auxiliary rooms and an oil press. And before heading back to the resort, you'll be able to sample some local wines in a typical Troodos Mountains winery.
IncludesPick-up and drop off Transportation by air-conditioned bus English-speaking guide Entrance fees Lunch, including a glass of local wine
- • This is an adult-only tour • A moderate amount of walking is involved • Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or in a wheelchair
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet these requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change