Sotira Municipality - Cyprus
One of the best locations to combine a beautiful wedding occasion, a romantic honeymoon and great vacations!
Sotira Municipality is Best For
Directions to Sotira Municipality
Come to live your dreams of a beautiful island wedding! Unspoilt sandy beaches, palm trees and crystal clear water are fitting compliments for the most memorable day of your life.
The Town Hall is the ideal venue in Sotira town that provides both an indoor and an outdoor Amphitheatre for wedding ceremonies. You also have a choice of the breathtaking seaside location by Ayia Thekla Chapel. You can also arrange wedding ceremony on Ayia Thekla's private island, opposite the beach. Sotita is the only Town Hall in Cyprus that can provide you a private island for your wedding ceremony.
Necessary documents - certificates for foreigners:
• Recent civil status by a state agency (eg. City Hall, the Ministry of Interior, Embassy etc). In the case of Greeks, it is required a marriage license from City Hall in the place of origin.
• Passport or identity card (original)
• Birth certificates
• Affidavits/ Single Status Statutory Declarations/ Certificates of No Impediment (Scotland and Wales) stamped and signed by a registered solicitor confirming that you are single and free to marry. The above mentioned document should be valid for 6 months.
• Certification from the Registry Office - Ministry of the Interior (where applicable)
• Original Decree Absolute (if applicable)
• Deed proof of name change (if applicable)
• Death Certificate of a spouse (where applicable)
• Proof of parental consent, if one of the two or both are minors (where applicable)
All the above certificates must be original, recent and officially translated in English (for foreigners).
• The marriage application must be submitted by the interested parts personally at least a day before the wedding with all the necessary documents and certificates. Applications are received at the Civil Marriages' Office of the Municipality from Monday - Friday 7.30 -13.30.
• If the parties submit all necessary documents for the marriage they can proceed either with the Notice of Marriage, where the marriage occurs after the expiration of 15 days from the date of their application, but not more than 3 months, or with the speed up process. The marriage with speeding can take place on the next day of submission of the application by the interested parts or in less than fifteen days, provided that the Marriage Officer considers that there are significant reasons to speed up the process.
• Payment for the marriage is made in cash and is as follows:
By speeding - € 281,92
With normal procedure - € 128,15
Exact copy of the Marriage Certificate - € 13,67
• The marriage takes place on the date specified in the presence of two witnesses over the age of 18 years. The presentation of passport or identity card is essential.
• The Marriage Certificate is given immediately. Exact copies of the certificate are given at the request of the interested parts.
• A certified copy of Marriage Certificate is sent to the Embassy or Consulate that the country of the couple's residence maintains in Cyprus.
Wedding Registry Office Opening hours: 07:30-13:30
Only a few meters away from the Ayia Thekla beach, the 'Nissaki' restaurant can provide you the appropriate accommodation both for the ceremony and a totally private reception on the roof garden with a great view to the Ayia Thekla small island. Unique reception with five different and unique menus that can meet your needs for a memorable ceremony.
Click here to view our Curry Night Buffet Menu
Click here to view our Cyprus BBQ Buffet Menu
Click here to view our Gold Wedding Menu
Click here to view our Set Menu
Click here to view our Wedding Menu