My Guide Website?
Kantara Castle Guided Hike
- Enjoy excellent views of the north coast, Pentadactylos peaks, Karpasia Peninsula and Famagusta Bay
- Explore the 1000-year old Byzantine castle, one of the battlegrounds during Richard the Lionheart's conquest of Cyprus
- Try an easy walk at a cool elevation of about 500 m, observe the local flora, dominated by cypress trees
DescriptionDiscover the east part of Pentadactylos Mountains. Walk along a route decorated by cypress trees, pines and strawberry trees. The walk cuts through an area of limited human habitation and offers excellent views of the north coast, Pentadactylos Mountain peaks, Karpasia Peninsula as well as the Bay of Famagusta. From Agia Napa, Protaras, Larnaca or Nicosia head north and uphill towards the castle. After 4 km reach Kantara Castle. Over 1000 years old, the Byzantine castle was one of the battlegrounds during Richard the Lionheart's conquest of Cyprus. If you like, take the option to visit the castle. After you finish your walk you'll return by car to the pick-up location.
IncludesExperienced local guide Transportation Food and drinks Entrance fee to the castle (no more than three Euro per person)
- Total Length : 9 km/5.5 miles
- Total ascent : 450 m/1,500 feet
- Total descent : 450 m/1,500 feet
- Average elevation : 500 m/1,650 feet
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now