My Guide Website?
From Ayia Napa: Ghost-Town Famagusta Tour
- Learn the true history of Famagusta's Ghost-Town
- Marvel at the beautiful Venetian walls
- Witness Othelo's Castle
- Walk around the barricaded Ghost Town
- Enjoy the beautiful St George Cathedral
DescriptionTake an exciting in-depth view of Famagusta and learn about the city's ongoing state of affairs with the Ghost Town and the illegal occupation of the Northern territories. Start your tour with a pickup by your friendly guide at your accomodation. After a short meet and greet you will set-off on your journey. Start by seeing Famagusta as it is considered today; an abandoned Ghost Town! Get some insight on the history of the area by watching a short film showcasing Famagusta before the invasion. Continue on your adventure to the border and drive along the fence which surrounds this once glamorous city. You will arrive on the area's renowned sandy beaches and get a closeup view of the deserted hotels lined along the coast. Next you will circle the moat of the old Gothic city where the castle walls tower over you. Finally you will enter the premises and explore the city within the walls where 356 churches and cathedrals once stood. Witness centuries of history that have gone by.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your Protaras or Ayia Napa hotel Driver/guide Free time Entry fees into archaeological sites Refreshments and or lunch
- Passport or European ID is required for this trip
- Some of the images and historic information may be disturbing for some individuals
- Program may alter slightly during the winter months between November till March
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceBook Now