My Guide Website?
From Paphos: Discover Famagusta24 Reviews
Cross the UN-patrolled border into northern Cyprus and visit some of Famagusta's most famous historical sites.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the archaeological site of Salamis
- Stroll through the old town of Famagusta and visit the Latin Cathedral of Saint Nicholas
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Ghost Town of Famagusta
DescriptionCross the UN-patrolled border into northern Cyprus and visit some of the north's most famous historical sites. The first stop of this day trip is Salamis Archaeological Site, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea from Cyprus's east coast. Salamis was the most brilliant ancient city in Cyprus and the capital of the island for more than a thousand years. The archaeological site of Salamis, culture, and history is considered one of the most important not just in Cyprus but also in the Mediterranean Sea. Discover the archaeological site of Salamis as your guide shares with you the rise and fall of this Great Greek Kingdom. The next stop is Famagusta City where you will visit the Latin Cathedral of Saint Nicholas and Othello Tower. Enjoy your free time for lunch or for strolling around in the old town. Before heading back, a short stop at Constantia Beach where you will have the opportunity for a panoramic view of the ghost town of Famagusta. The once-bustling holiday resort was abandoned during the Turkish invasion of 1974 and has remained sealed behind barbed wire barricades ever since.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Transport Entrance fees and UN Buffer Zone Administration fees
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Be sure to bring your valid passport or EU ID card
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to uneven surfaces, the tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers is approximate, and the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If it is cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change