My Guide Website?
From Larnaca: Famagusta and Salamis Tour165 Reviews
Visit the coastal town of Famagusta to discover some of its most notable monuments. See the highlights of historic Old Town, and finish the tour on the beach, beside the infamous "Ghost Town".
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cyprus:If youʻre booking your trip to Cyprus last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit at the archaeological site of Salamis and Saint Barnabas Monastery
- Explore the old town center of Famagusta
- Free time for swimming at the 'Golden Beach' of the city
- Visit the newly opened part of Varosha, the Ghost Town
DescriptionStart with pickup from the meeting point in Larnaca and travel to the city of Famagusta. Upon arrival discover some of the most historic landmarks of the city and the surrounding areas with your expert guide. Visit the Monastery of Saint Barnabas and the ancient city-kingdom of Salamis (entrance fees are not included). Then, continue to the ancient town center of Famagusta and explore the Venetian fortifications which surround the town. Visit optionally the Gothic Church of Saint Nicolas and Othello Castle (entrance fees are not included in the price). Then, take some free time to explore the area, sightseeing, shopping, and lunch (optional, not included in price). After exploring the city, head down towards the beach area where you can see 'Ghost Town' beside a long stretch of golden sand with crystal clear water. Take some free time to relax on the beach and for some swimming and visit the newly opened part of Varosha, the Ghost Town, before driving back to Larnaca.
IncludesAir-conditioned coach (up to 55 passengers) Licensed tour guide in English
- For all hotels at Larnaca city centre, including Mackenzie area, pick up/drop-off is at Finikoudes Avenue (Intercity Bus Stop)
- Pick up details will be sent by email
- Entrance fees for the Monastery of Saint Barnabas and the ancient city of Salamis are optional, and entrance fees can be purchased on the day of the tour
- Holders of Armenian, Syrian, Nigerian, and Turkmenistan passports cannot join the trip, unless they have a special visa. Also, Ukrainians residing in Cyprus on a refugee status cannot join the trip