Fengaros Music Village enters its fourth year with ten music, storytelling and architecture workshops as well as an artist residency. Artists from Cyprus, Greece, U.S.A. and England will instruct workshops, proposing alternative methods of learning and creating.
The village of Kato Drys in the Larnaka District provides the ideal setting to host the workshops, lectures and concerts that take place in the framework of Fengaros Music Village. The workshops and lectures will take place daily during the morning and afternoon hours, while the evening concerts / workshop presentations, which are open to the public, will complete the daily schedule.
The workshops are:
- Μartha Mavroidi (GR) – The Happy Hour Choir
- Michalis Kapilidis (GR) – Practicing and Playing From Within
- Ermis Michael (CY) – Modern Guitar – Music Ensembles
- Rodos Panayiotou (CY) – Afro-Brazilian Percussion
- Alexi David (USA) – Jazz Music Workshop
- Giorgos Kalogirou (CY) - Place, Speech, Sound - Creative Writing Workshop
- Manolis Pappos (GR) - Bouzouki
- Fotis Siotas - not just a loop, not just a loop, not just a loop, not just a loop...
- Marina Katsari (CY) - With the word, the voice and two hands
- Dave De Rose - Artist Residency
- Architecture Laboratory - Xssummer Workshop III
Goals of Fengaros Music Village:
• The implementation of educational, interactive workshops (masterclasses), instructed by artists of international caliber in the areas of modern and traditional creation. The themed sections of each workshop intend to approach the arts more broadly, yet effectively, whilst concentrating on original areas of artistic development.
• The encouragement of both organised and spontaneous performances executed by students and instructors.
• The productive exchange of ideas and experiences between artists, students and participants of varied backgrounds.
• The creation of a long-lasting hybrid, artistic community, characterised by solidarity, both in the fields of collective creativity and in the production / distribution of artistic work.
Around 30 hours each, morning and afternoon sessions.
Cost of Participation:
€170 - includes invitation to Fengaros Festival 2017
€210 - includes 5 lunch meals and invitation to Fengaros Festival 2017
*The meals will be provided by the restaurant The House of the Wind.
Free camping (with showers and toilets).
Agrotouristic lodges available for renting.
Online at www.louvanarecords.com (PayPal fees apply)
Cash/Cheque at our office in Nicosia, Cyprus
More Information/Registration: www.louvanarecords.com
Contact: call (+357) 99735225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
My Guide Website?