Engaged Yoga with Christopher Gladwell
The CentreFri Apr 21st 2017 to Sun Apr 23rd 2017 at 18:00 until 17:00
Cyprus, 6 Panayioti Kaspi Street, Nicosia, Ayios Omoloyides https://www.myguidecyprus.com/events/engaged-yoga-with-christopher-gladwell BOOK NOW
Christopher Gladwell is a leading senior yoga teacher trainer from the UK. He has been actively studying yoga in its various forms of physical practice (asana), bodywork, breathwork and pranayama, meditation and mindfulness, vibration and mantra, devotion and bhakti for over 35 years. He is the author of many books, including 'Engaged Yoga' and runs a busy studio in Bristol, in between running workshops and trainings across Europe.
FRIDAY (Open Class)
18:00 - 20:30
SATURDAY - SUNDAY
Engaged Yoga: 2 day Workshop
10:00 - 17:30
10:00 - 17:00
€35 Friday Open Class only
€125 Friday - Full weekend
THE BLISS OF THE BODY
The morning sessions will be physical practices. You will be learning practical techniques that you can apply to specific asanas and in general to your practice and teaching. We will look at how to prevent injuries and how to find freedom of the body and mind in asana practice.
Chris has extensive experience and studies with the philosophies of India. Any practice with him has a firm foundation in yogic philosophy and his own approach to an engaged yoga.
Join us to:
* Learn the key of practice and the principles that generate authentic freedom and bliss in the body and mind.
* Understand practice in a way that is effective for YOUR body, and that reveals the innate bliss of the body and mind is what we will do.
* Work with Ahimsa and preventative medicine in practice revealing the main injuries in yoga, and understand how we avoid them
* Create sustainability and power in practice and generate high states of wellbeing.
MEDITATION AND NEUROSCIENCE, THE HOW AND THE WHY OF PRACTICE
Afternoons will be devoted to the inquiry of the relevance of meditation in contemporary science in the light of neuroscience and evolutionary biology. We will delve into some guided meditations, and how we can engage with yoga so as to take it off the mat and integrate it within our lives, societies and environments.
* Explore the evolution of human body-mind to fully grasp that there is not two separate things, and to understand how this relates to meditative practice and our development and wellbeing.
* Look at the anatomy of mind and emotion. Explore emotional literacy and emotional intelligence and methods to live with responsivity and clarity.
* Look at the function of mind and understand how it works, and gain a powerful edge in meditation and meditational development.
* Inquire into the ongoing evolution of humanity and understand how mediation can enhance our ability to engage with this process consciously.
*Reflect on how these practices affect who we are in the world.
Christopher’s teaching raises big questions about choices and habits in practice and in daily life. Because he also has a sound background and profound understanding of psychology, anatomy and bodywork he is able to bring deep and clear understanding to the students who practice with him.
My Guide Website?